“microKEY are a compact family of USB MIDI keyboards featuring the velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini-keyboard; acclaimed on instruments such as the microKORG XL and microARRANGER. In addition to the existing 37-key model, the lineup has been expanded with the addition of a supremely portable 25-key model, and a five-octave 61-key model providing the space to play freely with both hands. Bundled software and discount coupons are more generous than ever; the 61-key model even comes with a license for the Korg Legacy Collection. The microKEY is the ideal USB MIDI keyboard for the musician who wants to assemble a convenient and compact music production system.
- USB MIDI keyboard – thin, lightweight, and USB-powered
- Velocity-sensitive natural-touch mini-keyboard with excellent playing feel
- Three models to choose from:
- the highly portable 25-key model
- the space-saving 37-key model
- the 61-key model for the studio musician
- the highly portable 25-key model
- Octave Shift and Key Transpose features access the full MIDI note range
- Versatile controls include arpeggiator buttons, sustain/tap button, and joystick (25 key)
- Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels add expression to your performance (37 key, 61 key)
- No need to install a driver; just connect it to your computer, and it’s ready for use
- Can be connected directly to an iPad (25-key model requires the Camera Connection Kit)
- Dual USB ports; ideal for adding Korg’s nanoPAD2 or other USB devices to your setup (37 key, 61 key)
- A generous assortment of licenses and discount coupons for popular software titles is included
- KORG KONTROL Editor is included
- A license is included for the “Korg Legacy Collection Special Bundle,” giving you software versions of Korg’s classic synthesizers (61-key model only)
- No driver installation needed – the standard USB MIDI driver provided by Windows/Mac OS X is supported
Using the KORG KONTROL Editor software (provided), you’ll be able to customize the microKEY for your setup. You can choose from eight velocity curves plus fixed velocity (a total of nine types), and also specify the control change number of the modulation wheel or joystick, as well as specify their maximum and minimum values.
Natural Touch mini-keyboard
- microKEY 25 =25 keys
microKEY 37 =37 keys
microKEY 61 =61 keys
- microKEY-25 =Joystick, arpeggiator button, Sustain / TAP button
microKEY-37/61 =Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel
- microKEY 25/37 =-4~+4
microKEY 61 =-3~+3
- microKEY 25 = USB: Type B (x1)
microKEY 37/61 =USB: Type A (x 2); Type B (x1)
- USB bus power
- microKEY 25 = Less than 100mA
microKEY 37/61 = Less than 500mA
Dimensions (W x D x H) :
- microKEY 25 =395(W)x 131(D)x 53(H)mm
microKEY 37 =565(W)x 139(D)x 54(H)mm
microKEY 61 =850(W)x 139(D)x 54(H)mm
- microKEY 25 =0.65 Kg / 1.43 lbs.
microKEY 37 =1.0 kg / 2.21 lbs.
microKEY 61 =1.71 kg / 3.77 lbs.
- USB cable
KORG BUNDLE SOFTWARE PIN Card
- Soft Case “SC-micro MSG” (microKEY-25/37 only)
You can connect the microKEY25 to your iPad and use it to control apps*2 such as the Korg iMS-20 via MIDI *2. (With Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit or similar device)*3. For the 37/61-key models, you just need to connect them via a USB hub that can supply power.
*1:Operation has been verified on iOS 5.0.1.
*2:The app must support Core MIDI.
*3:For the 25-key model as well, we recommend using a powered hub if you plan to use the microKEY for an extended time.”
For more information: http://korg.com/microkey