Watch Amidio Inc. CEO Ilya Plavunov present LoopJ at MIDEM 2011, a digital music conference being held this week in Cannes, France. LoopJ, an interactive dance music app for iPad and iPhone, is due to be released in February.
Here’s a partial transcription of the above presentation explaining what the LoopJ app is:
“‘LoopJ’ is the first software created to work with the .loopj standard. It is aimed at music enthusiasts, however, it has enough power to remain of high interest to professionals.
The market is already full of loop-based apps. That’s why we propose a new, unique concept – a mind-blowing combination between a loop player and a DJ device.
This is the core functionality described in express form:
• There are 2 loop pack (.loopj tracks) playing at the same time on 2 Loopj Decks, always in sync, time-stretched to have the same BPM. (Deck A, Deck B)
• A Deck is a full .loopj track player (5 layers, 4 loop variants per layer). At one time, there is only one Deck on the screen
• User has a Master Cross-Fader to manipulate the balance between the Decks, and can switch between the Decks with a flick of a finger
• There is an option to activate the Split Fader, to adjust the balance between individual layers of the Decks, for exapm?e to take the beat from one track and the bass from the other etc.
• User can queue start/stop of the loops, start/stop them immediately, adjust volume, apply LP/HP filter and lots of other effects.
• User is always only 1 or 2 taps away from the in-app Marketplace to purchase additional loops
The idea of having 2 decks with the crossfader is the KEY FACTOR of attracting and keeping the user interest to the app, and mantaining a constant volume of .loopj tracks sold through the marketplace.”
More Information: http://amidio.com